The CodeMark Certification Scheme is a voluntary third-party building product certification scheme that authorises the use of new and innovative products in specified circumstances in order to facilitate compliance with Volumes One and Two of the NCC, also known as the Building Code of Australia or BCA.
Weathertex has utilised the CodeMark Australia Scheme to demonstrate that the Weathertex Selflok & Weathergroove ranges meet the relevant NCC requirements.
CodeMark provides confidence and certainty to regulatory authorities and the market through the issue of a Certificate of Conformity, which is one of several options available for meeting the ‘evidence of suitability’ requirements of the BCA.
CodeMark is also useful for products like Weathertex (which have been on the market for many years) because it provides you with a shorthand summary of the various NCC standards that the products meet/exceed.
Weathertex’s CodeMark certification is all inclusive covering;
- Volume 1 & 2 of the BCA 2019
- Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10
- Up to and including BAL 19
- Type C construction
- Attachment to FRL walls tested to AS 1530.4:2014
- Structural Reliability
Who benefits when people use products that have CodeMark Australia?
- Approval Authorities – Building Certifiers when assessing compliance with the NCC.
- Designers and Specifiers when considering or comparing building products and checking where and how they can be used.
- Builders and Building Owners when selecting products.
To find out more information relating to the Weathertex CodeMark certification, click here.