“An average household can generate up to 12 litres of internal condensation on a daily basis. Condensation within the wall frame can result in accelerated frame deterioration, mould infestations, sick building syndrome and costly repairs. Using the right weather barrier can help manage condensation and save you future headaches.”
HardieWrap™ weather barrier is designed to be used in wall and gable applications behind James Hardie®, Scyon™ and other* external cladding products to help protect your building. It delivers a triple-shield of protection to help against external weather penetration, internal condensation build-up and external heat penetration.
6 reasons why it’s your best choice
- Up to 50% faster installation in certain applications compared to 1.35m wide products.
- Reduces condensation build-up due to highly breathable pores that help interior water vapour escape the building to the outside.
- 10% less wastage in certain applications compared to 1.35m wide products.
- Lighter and easier to cut compared to many other foil wall barriers.
- Saves insulation costs its safe-glare reflective^ surface can improve your wall thermal performance by up to R0.7 m2 K/W without the need to upgrade bulk insulation.**
- Fire & Bushfire compliant its low flammability makes it suitable for all bushfire areas in accordance with AS 3959 – 2009.
The unique triple layered material of HardieWrap™ weather barrier has been engineered to meet the demands of the Australian climate. Non-perforated, it features micro-pores to allow breathability without compromising weather resistance, delivering a triple shield of protection to help against external weather penetration, internal condensation build-up and external heat penetration.
* Specifier is responsible for confirming the suitability of HardieWrap™ weather barrier in the specific design and climate zone with the selected external cladding product. Refer to cladding manufacturer for more information.
** Compared to standard non-reflective and non-compressible weather barriers; and installed and maintained correctly and to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation.
^HardieWrap™ weather barrier has an outward facing low ‘e’ reflective surface with an emittance value of 0.16 tested in accordance with AS/NZS 4201.5. Please refer to the HardieWrap™ physical properties table for more information.