The KlevaKlip ModWood clips have been designed specifically for the ModWood decking range, shape and size to provide a quick, user-friendly concealed fixing system that can be used with ease on either timber or steel substructures.
KlevaKlip is a multi-board concealed fixing product, working on a “fixed pitch” principle, which provides consistent gapping of the boards. As each board is inserted into the KlevaKlip, it tightens the previous board, providing significant holding power of the board into the clip. This mechanical holding is supported by the use of an adhesive* to provide a look, longevity and feel that is difficult to obtain with conventional fastening systems.
Features and benefits:
- Looks great with ModWood as there’s no obvious fixings
- Quick and easy to use
systemthat saves time in installation
- Prevents water damage to boards and joists caused by water permeating
- Provides a consistent gap between the boards
- No nails used, so no risk of nail heads rising above the board, like traditional timber decks
- Can be installed by a DIYer
- Clip coverage: 4.5 clips = approx 1sqm
- Top fix box clips: approx 9sqm
- Approved adhesives: HB Fuller ToolBox Original, Selleys 3 in 1, SikaFlex 11FC
- Coverage: 1 tube of adhesive = approx 3sqm of joist coverage
- 1 fixing tool in every box of KlevaKlips
- To find out the
amountof materials required to install your ModWood decking, including KlevaKlips, Adhesive quantities & Fasteners, KlevaKlip haveput together a decking material calculator you can use. (Please allow for wastage and use this as a guide only)
Adhesives when used with ModWood and KlevaKlip
The ModWood Natural Grain Collection boards have a groove along the side to accommodate the “teeth” of the KlevaKlip. This gives the board excellent holding power within the clip, even without the use of adhesive.
The addition of adhesive however, serves to:
- Gives some assistance to the holding
powerof the clip
- Prevents any lateral movement of the board in the clip – other than the normal expansion/contraction of the board
- Prevents any possibility of board rattle in the clip
- Provides a very stable base for the board to sit in the clip
- Helps to provide a very soft, quiet feel for someone walking on the deck
- KlevaKlip’s Traditional Metal Clips: HB Fuller ToolBox Original, Selleys 3 in 1, SikaFlex 11FC
- KlevaKlip Snap-Loc Clips: Any Polyurethane-based MS-type outdoor adhesive is acceptable
- When laying ModWood brushed side down, best practice is to clean the area to be adhered with, with white spirits approximately 10 minutes before the adhesive is applied.
- Whilst the fixing of the boards into the KlevaKlip is fast and will save time over conventional hand fixing, it is important that extreme care is taken in installing your first row of KlevaKlip’s. This will govern the straightness of your deck.
- KlevaKlip is not suitable for non-square decks or irregular joist heights
- Ensure all the KlevaKlip’s are clean, sound, dry and free of oil or grease. Thoroughly remove all loose particles and dust prior to fixing
KlevaKlips are available at NHS.
Klevaklips in the s/steel and the plastic snap loc are stocked at NHS. The galvanised are by special order. (Powder coated galvanised are no longer available)