When selecting the right entry door, it’s important to know the difference in the door material and what it’s strengths and weaknesses are.F
PARKWOOD DURAMAX FLS AND FLAR12SS FIBREGLASS COMPOSITE SMOOTH FACE ENTRY DOORS ARE NOW IN STOCK AT NHS!
Duramax Composite entry doors are suitable for Australia’s extremes of climate and will not require the overhead protection specified by timber doors.
- Fibreglass skin that won’t absorb moisture
Foam filled core and High impact Fibreglass skin that can be painted or stained – Click here for finishing instructions
- Solid composite Fibreglass resin edges
- LVL stiles and rails for superior stability – no warping or bowing
- 10 Year Warranty
- For extreme weather
- Can be exposed to full weather and still warranted
- The best insulation – better than timber or aluminium
- Resists surface damage and wear and tear
- Better thermal r-rating than aluminium and timber doors –
- All designs available in available in woodgrain or smooth finish, except panel doors
- Sizes up to 2400 x 1060mm
Standard sizes in the smooth face are readily available at NHS. Custom made doors are available with up to a 5 week lead time in some cases.
- Cassette glazing system – although this helps water-proofing, it means the glass vision panels can’t be custom-made.
- Glass sizes are fixed although the combination of panels and number of them can be changed
- Standard/ stock sized doors that you need to trim, you may trim up to 10mm off any edge without voiding the warranty. This means that you can trim a door up to 20mm in height and width. We recommend getting custom made where possible
- Powder coat finish
- Woodgrain finish available
- Aluminium on all exterior surfaces, and some doors are made of aluminium components only
- Low maintenance (no further painting needed)
- An accurate and beautiful timber look can be achieved which has the same durability of powder coating
- Won’t absorb moisture, won’t bow or twist in the heat, can be painted dark colours
- Colour is limited to the powder coat colours available on the market
- An exact special colour can’t be matched without a large amount of powder being made
PARKWOOD ALUMINIUM ENTRY DOORS & COMPOSITE FIBREGLASS WOODGRAIN DOORS AVAILABLE BY SPECIAL ORDER
Fast lead times are available with pre-drilled holes for door furniture, of which they recommend using the range Parkwood have available. If you require an aluminium door without pre-drilled holes, there is a 5 week lead time.