Expol Underfloor Insulation is a cost effective and energy efficient way to make a home more comfortable all year round.
WIth timber floors, there is a large space of cold air between the ground and the underside of the floor. The low insulation properties of timber, together with possible leakage, mean that the floor creates a heat sink, taking heat out of your house. Carpeting and underlay help provide some insulation, however, to maximise heat retention, Expol creates an effective thermal barrier.
Placed snugly between the floor joists it will ensure the building is protected from the extreme temperatures under your floor, for life.
Rigid polystyrene panels are 1.2 metres long and 60mm in thickness, produced in four standard widths to fit between most standard joists.
All Expol panels are concertina cut on both sides to allow for a compression of up to 20mm for ease of installation, and to ensure a snug fit between the joists.
Expol Underfloor Insulation is ideal for both retro-fitting under existing floors and new floor installations.
Benefits of using Expol for your Underfloor Insulation
- 50 year product guarantee
- More insulation for minimum cost
- Tried and tested R Value of 1.4
- Expol Solid Insulation will not sag over time
- Warmer, dryer floors in Winter and cooler in Summer means saving on power bills
- Insulation performance isnt affected by ageing or moisture
- Rigid polystyrene panel with flame retardant additives
- Easy to install
Available from NHS – shop online now